Prof. (Dr.) Sudipta Sen is a fellow of Indian Institute of Management Indore in Economics. He has done his B.Sc. from Scottish Church College, University of Calcutta and M.A. in Economics from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. He also holds a certificate in Machine Learning from Stanford University in Coursera. Prior to joining JGU, he has served as a faculty member in finance area for Indian School of Business and Finance, an affiliate centre of University of London, for 10 months. He has experience teaching courses to students with different backgrounds like would be journalists, young army personnel and would be lawyers. Sudipta has taught courses ranging from the basics of banking like Principles of Banking and Finance to courses on Central Banking and its monetary policy operations as well as courses like basics of economics to advanced technical courses like quantitative finance. Sudipta is a macroeconomist, he has published research papers in international peer reviewed journals and presented papers at various international conferences. His current research interest is on applying data science techniques in the areas of finance and economics.
- Research interests: Monetary Economics, Macroeconomics, Asset Pricing, Environmental Economics
Publication in peer reviewed journals
- Sinha, A., and Sen, S. (2016). Atmospheric consequences of trade and human development: A case of BRIC countries. Atmospheric Pollution Research, 7(6), 980-989. (Science Citation Index, Impact factor: 2.918)
- Tiwari, S., Sen, S., and Shaik, R. (2016). Internationalization: A study of small firms from emerging markets. The Journal of Developing Areas, 50(6), 355-364. (ABDC Ranking: B)
- Potential Output Measurement in India: A Bayesian Perspective”
- “Systematic and Unsystematic Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism in India
Conference paper presentations.
- 2017: International Conference on Emerging and Developing Seminar Economies/ EUROCONFERENCE, Crete, Greece.
- 2017: The 6th Asian Management Research and Case Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 2016: Australia-Middle East Conference on Business and Social Sciences, Dubai.
- 2016: The 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society, Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, Kerala.
- 2015: Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management, Miami, Florida.
- 2014: Second Pan I.I.M. World Management Seminar Conference, Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, Kerala.
- 2017: “Teaching with Cases” Prof. Philip C. Zerrillo, North American Society for Marketing Education in India: Summer Marketing Conference, IIM Indore.
- 2017: Nominated for “The Art of Elective Teaching, Student Engagement, and Classroom Management” Prof. Arun Pereira and Prof. Sourav Mukherji, ISB- IIMB Doctoral Consortium on Teaching, ISB Hyderabad.
- 2016: “Academic Writing Workshop”- Prof. Charles Dhanraj, 7th Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, IIM Indore.
- 2015: “Doing High-Quality Research and Publishing in Premier Journals” – Prof. Sumit Kundu, Third Pan IIM World Management Conference, IIM Indore.
Sudipta loves cooking, specially Mughlai dishes and enjoys playing squash, chess and badminton. He is also a fan of the popular web series The Big Bang Theory.
If you want to know more, please visit my website